quarta-feira, 28 de janeiro de 2009

Useful expressions II

Source: Market Leader series

Asking for opinions
How do you feel about...?
What do you think?
What's your opinion?
What's your view?

Making suggestions
I think we should...
How about...?
Why don't we...?
Maybe / Perhaps we could...

Asking for clarification
What exactly are you saying?
What exactly do you mean?
Are you saying we need to...?
Sorry, I don't follow you.
Can you explain in more detail?

Clarifying
What I mean is...
What I'm saying is...
No, I was thinking of...
To be more specific...
To clarify...

Dealing with interruptions
Hold on. Can I finish the point?
Let Stefan finish, please.
I'd like to finish if I may.
Just a moment...

Making proposals
I suggest...
I propose that...
How about...
We could...

Rejecting proposals
Sorry, I don't think it's a good idea.
I'm nt sure I agree with you there.
It just won't work.
Well, I'm not happy about it.