sexta-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2009

Expressing ideas - Useful expressions

EXPRESSING IDEAS IN A CAUTIOUS WAY
If I’m not mistaken …
I have the feeling that …
As far as I know…
As far as I’m concerned…
I’m not sure, but apparently…
It seems to me that…

EXPRESSING IDEAS IN A STRAIGHTFORWARD WAY
I think …
I believe …
In my opinion …
All I know is that …
All I’m saying is that …
My point is …

EXPRESSING IDEAS IN A FORCEFUL WAY
I firmly believe that …
I’m convinced that …
There’s one thing I know for sure and that is …
I do know for a fact that …

AGREEING
Yeah, I think you might be right.
I think so, too.
Oh, that’s right.
I agree with you 100%.
Oh, you’re absolutely right.
Absolutely!
I couldn’t agree more.
That’s true.

DISAGREEING
Sorry, but I don’t agree.
I don’t think so.
I don’t see it that way.
Definitely not!
I totally disagree!
No way!

WHEN YOU DON’T WANT TO GIVE A CLEAR OPINION
I agree up to a point, but…
I see what you’re saying, but I’m not sure I entirely agree.
I’ve never really thought about it, but you might be right.

SOME LINKING WORDS
So, then, and, but, because, therefore, although, however, despite, even though, not only, but also, first, second, finally