domingo, 17 de janeiro de 2010

São Luís do Paraitinga before the rain

From all these tragedies that happened in the beginning of this year, the one that shocked me the most was in São Luís do Paraitinga (SP). Not that is was the worst, but because I have visited this city twice in the last 3 or 4 years, the first time by myself, so I felt more "connected" to it than to the earthquake in Haiti or even the flood in Angra, although I have been to Ilha Grande once as well.
The fact was that I loved SLP the first time I went there, a "normal" weekend, without all the party from their traditional Carnival, just a place to relax and take nice pictures of the historic downtown, which, unfortunately doesn't exist anymore.


São Luís do Paraitinga during Carnival 2008

The church that doesn't exist anymore
The city in a "normal" weekend, about 3 years ago