terça-feira, 12 de janeiro de 2010

Poem - You should have come

Two chants taken from the book Implementing the Lexical Approach, to work with Past Modals:

You should have come

You’d love it.
You’d have loved it. You should have come.

You’d like him.
You’d have liked him. You should have come.

You’d enjoy it.
You’d have enjoyed it. You should have come.

You’d get a lot out of it.
You’d have got a lot out of it. You should have come.

Why don’t you come?
Why didn’t you come? You should have come.

Now, it’s too late.
You’ve missed your chance. You should have come.


Wrong again

I might’ve, but I didn’t.
Perhaps I could’ve, but I didn’t.
Perhaps I should’ve, but I didn’t.
Perhaps you would’ve, but I didn’t.
Perhaps I would’ve, if we could’ve, but I didn’t.
Somebody should’ve, you probably would’ve, but I didn’t.
I thought about it, but I didn’t do it.
Wrong again.